Welcome to Class 2’s page:
Our project next term is ‘How can recreate our own fairy tales?’ We have lots of fun and exciting lessons and activities planned and we cannot wait to delve into this project. We will be exploring how fairy tale characters stay healthy and what the five fabulous food groups are in science. We will design and build a castle with a moving drawbridge, making sure we include the most important facilities. In Geography, we will learn about the seven continents and five oceans of the world and find out which continent our home country is a part of.
We would like you to hear your child read between 3 and 5 times a week and then record when you have heard them read in their reading diaries, the more times the children read the more medals they will achieve.
Your child will bring their homework home on a Friday and it will need to be returned to school the following Friday.
Spellings and Maths tests will be on a Friday.
Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school each week. PE kit is a white t-shirt and blue shorts, leggings or joggers with black plimsolls.
If you need to know anything else or need to speak with a member of staff, please come and see us.
Mrs Bayliss, Mrs Salmeron, Mrs Dunn and Miss Witherden
HOME LEARNING WEEK ONE
Home learning week beginning 20.04.2020
Home learning week beginning 27.04.2020
Home learning week beginning 04.05.2020
Home learning week beginning 11.05.2020
Home learning week beginning 18.05.2020
Home learning week beginning 01.06.20
Home learning week beginning 08.06.20
Home learning week beginning 15.06.20
Home learning week beginning 22.06.20
Home learning week beginning 29.06.20
Home learning week beginning 06.07.20
Dear Parents and Carers,
Southwold Primary School and Early Years’ Centre will be closing on Friday 20th March 2020, provisionally until further notice due to the Corona virus pandemic following the guidance of Public Health England.
Please note that this is a national closure – as you may have heard in the news – so while it is a challenging situation, we are not alone. We will re-open fully as soon as we are advised to do so and will let you know when this is by school text message and email.
We advise you that pupils must continue learning during this closure and we are sending home ‘home learning packs’ which include:
- Reminders for pupil online log in details
- Differentiated and accessible learning activities for Maths and English for pupils to do at home
- Home study research projects and activities around the class’ Summer Term essential project question (within pack)
- Teachers will upload learning activities on to the class page of the website each week: www.southwoldprimary.com. Please note that it is an expectation that children complete this home learning throughout the duration of the school closure in order for them to get their attendance mark.Please also be aware of the following websites to support you children’s home learning*:
- BBC bitesize
- Times Table Rock Stars
- Purple Mash
- Phonics Play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicnicOnPluto.html
- Top Marks: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- Top Marks Maths: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- Maths zone: http://mathszone.co.uk/tag/ks1/
- British Council: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/songs/the-alphabet-song
- Please look out for school texts and emails that will be sent to advise you each week of home learning and to update you in light of any changes to the school’s position on closure.
- (please turn over)
- *We ask that you consider internet safety should your children be accessing the internet.
Please email email@example.com with any changes in phone numbers or emails so that we can update the system. If you want to get in touch to share any concerns or emergency information, please don’t hesitate to do so via this email address.
And remember: if you or your child feels ill and you want to know what to do next, please use NHS 111 online.
We advise you to support the learning of your children home but also know that looking after your children, friends and families, and each other is incredibly important and we hope that essentially you stay safe and well.
Thank you again for your continued support, and we will be in touch with more information when we can.
Yours faithfully and very best wishes,
K Clifford and the Southwold Team