Food For Life at Southwold Primary
Food for Life awards are centred around four areas of development, which link to the criteria and create an action framework for our school:
- Food Quality
- Food Leadership and Food Culture
- Food Education
- Community and Partnerships
Southwold Primary currently holds the Bronze Food For Life Award.
We are busily working towards achieving the Silver Standard; we have a couple of standards to complete.
- Serve School meals on proper crockery, not plastic ‘flight trays’
- Meet Silver Food for Life Served Here Standards which shows that school food is healthy, ethical, and uses some local and organic ingredients
- Our food is healthy, ethical, and uses local ingredients. We use a minimum of 5% organic ingredients in our menus
- Have a cooking club, where pupils get to cook with and eat the produce grown in the school growing area
- Involve parents and the wider community to get involved in food education via food-themed events
Watch this space – we will let you know when we have achieved Silver and are going for Gold!!